Saturday, July 5, 2008

Open Day at Leeds Met

The Geo-centric interface has been demonstrated today at the Open Day event. A display monitor at the Innovation North booth showed the web page with the map of the Headingley Campus (Google Map), indicating the icons for individuals' location. Unfortunately it is raining, which makes it not really feasible to walk around outside with the mobile phone/GPS.

A suggestion for future demonstrations would be to include more people being tracked, to have a more lively display. At the demonstration, it was only my lonely icon there, and as Iw as in the tent, I was stationary, and the icon did not move. It worke fine, however, as soon as I walked out. It also worked surprisingly well when I returned: the GPS was tracked even as I walked within the Marquee.

No comments: